I am quitting Nike+ after almost 5 years with the Nike+ website.
Because the iPod nano 6 gen. I carried around the streets of Berlin decided to quit recording mode only seconds after the start. Sadly that was not the first time the Nike+ stuff didn´t work, and trust me I have been around with Nike+
I have been using Nike+ with a host of devices, and here in very short form, are some negative and positive thoughts on all of them.
Ipods (1,4 and 6 gen.)
- – Struggling with calibration and often unprecise.
- – iTunes for syncing is annoying.
- – Multiple runs has disappeared when syncing.
- – Endless amount of Nike+ sensors lost, when not always wearing Nike+ running shoes
- + Easy to carry.
- + Music is close at hand.
SportBands (4 of them)
- – Terrible build quality.
- – Expensive to replace (every 6 months).
- – struggling with calibration and often unprecise.
- – USB positioned downward, so it can’t be inserted in laptop USB port.
- – Endless amount of Nike+ sensors lost, when not always wearing Nike+ running shoes.
- + No need for iTunes and easy syncing.
- + Light and easy start/stop.
iPhone 4 (Nike+ app)
- – Uncomfortable with the armbands.
- – Does not work on the treadmill.
- – Exposed to all sorts of bad weather = expensive to replace.
- + Reliable when syncing.
- + Very precise.
So the time has come to part ways with Nike+ and especially since Polar also has polarpersonaltrainer.com on the web for easy access. I really wanted to reach the black 5000 km. level with Nike+, but this is where it ends – 3632 km more or cirtanly LESS :-)